Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2019

Gosen Inferno Ex Review


My first impression of this racquet is it is unique.

The frame shape is in a form of sinusoidal shape like a wave.

Racquet is brilliant red.

The racquet is aesthetically pleasing.

The shaft is made from pyrofil.

The racquet is made in Taiwan.

The specs can be seen here.

Had it strung with Yonex BG66 at 26lbs.

The recommended string by Gosen is the G-Tone 5 strings.
                                         Figure 1. The T-joint
                                         Figure 2. The unique frame shape
Figure 3. The shaft

The meat and potatoes of the racquet...

THE factors: Balance & Flex

  1.  Head heavy balance
  2. Stiff flex.
  3. Aerodynamic shape frame.
  4. Weight of racquet: 86g


Conclusion: I have been playing with this racquet for 2 months now.
I would rate it as an excellent racquet for power and handling. In terms of control, it is surprisingly good even though the frame is kinda funny, the 86 g weight of the racquet makes it stable. Suitable for singles and doubles. Favours the attacking player.

Numerical ratings:

Power: 9.5/10
Control: 9/10
Defense: 9/10
Maneuverability: 9/10
Feel: 8.5/10





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Two questions.
Do you have a Gosen 6900 boomsac (1st gen) to sell?

In US, where can I get the Inferno?
I am very interested in the Inferno because you rated boomsac 9/10 in power but 9.5/10 for Inferno.

Thanks

badmintan said...

Well, I have 2 pieces. I am not sure, as I occasionally use them.

Perhaps their US representative/branch?

You can get it directly online from Hong Kong or Japan.

Dodot said...

Which one do you prefer between Inferno and Inferno Ex?
Because, i have already buy inferno for double.
almost 3u make my lob out.

badmintan said...

Inferno EX for sure. True, the swing speed is very high. I normally play flat shots so won't go out that often

hantuburuk said...

can review compare to z force 2?