Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2019

badminton injuries - part 1

Last year, I experienced my first calf strain injury which resulted in a severe pain and an audible snapping sound of a breaking rope.

It happen when I lunged to lift/pickup a drop shot from center court. It's my first time experiencing this injury. I bought a calf sleeve with compression to ease the pain. I guess you see those professional players wearing compression on their legs, it's with a purpose, i.e. to warm the muscles/tendons so that the muscle stay active when contracting.

I now see the value of calf compression and do warm ups properly before each games.

Another nagging injury I experienced recently is heel pad pain.

After playing about 3-4 times of tennis/badminton per week, I started to develop pain on my left heel pad. The pain occurs wherever I wear sandals but goes away when I wear sneakers.

A gel pad can mitigate the pain after trying out a gel insert underneath the heel pad.

Keep playing badminton and stay injury free!


No comments: